- Packed with anti-inflammatory properties to help soothe inflamed, itchy skin caused by eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis
- Intensively moisturising, making it suitable for dry or damaged skin
- One of only a few oils that can penetrate into the hair shaft, to moisturise damaged hair from the inside out
- Frequently used as a natural dandruff treatment due to its anti-microbial properties
- Used as a traditional remedy against hair loss, greying hair and split ends
Virgin coconut oil is a tropical oil that not only smells delicious, it is also packed with medium chain fatty acids (MCFA) – the key component that is responsible for its many health benefits. A deeply moisturising oil that has high anti-inflammatory properties, it can help soothe inflamed, itchy skin such as those caused by eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis.
A clear, light liquid oil at temperatures above 25°C which turns into a solid butter at colder temperatures, virgin coconut oil has a distinctive coconut scent. This oil has a slow skin penetration rate, making it better suited for those with dry skin. Damaged skin can also benefit from applying virgin coconut oil due to its healing properties.
One of only a few oils with the ability to penetrate into the hair shaft, virgin coconut oil can also be used to help treat dry, damaged hair as well as flaky, itchy scalp. The anti-microbial properties of virgin coconut oil means that it is frequently used as a natural alternative to medicated dandruff treatments.
Our pure, cold-pressed virgin coconut oil comes packed in a travel-friendly glass bottle with drip control, making it easy to use straight from the bottle. If your virgin coconut oil solidifies due to a temperature change, place it in a cup of hot water for a few minutes to liquefy. A stable oil, it can alternate between solid and liquid without any damage to its nutritional properties.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Use as a body oil or massage oil, on its own or in combination with essential oils.
- As a makeup remover, add 2-3 drops to a cotton pad to gently remove makeup.
- To use as a deep hair conditioning treatment, massage in 1-2 tablespoons of oil into your hair and scalp and leave for at least an hour. Shampoo off twice to remove all traces of oil.
- Virgin coconut oil can also be used as a tanning oil.
- Use as a shaving oil by applying a liberal amount of virgin coconut oil onto skin before shaving.
1 x Biconi Cold-Pressed Virdin Coconut Oil (50ml)