Suitable from newborn to approximately three months, the Cocoonababy can be used as a daytime lounger to help ease transition from mummy’s tummy to the outside world. Plus, it can aid baby’s development too!
Welcoming baby gently into the world, the Cocoonababy offers baby a comforting, reassuring, womb-like surrounding through its slightly inclined, semi-foetal cushioning.
Importantly, it can also help limit the onset of some of the most common adaptation difficulties that can upset babies during their first months including reflux, colic and waking with a start, as well as improving the overall quality of their relaxation time.
Designed with health care professionals and used by thousands of parents worldwide, this safe, lightweight and portable cocoon can be used room-to-room or popped in the car to take out when visiting family or friends near or far.
The Cocoonababy foam is protected by two removable, breathable and washable covers: A waterproof protective cover, and a fitted cotton sheet.
The semi-foetal, slightly curved position which baby adopts in the cocoon soothes, reassures, and helps to limit the onset of the principal troubles which may bother them during their first months, while contributing to:
- Improving the quality and length of the child's sleep
- reducing the involuntary jerky movements which wake baby with a start and make them cry
- limit gastric reflux
- limit the risk of flat head syndrome
This posture also prevents many advantages:
- Allows the child to touch their face and mouth as they did in the womb. They feel reassured and won't suffer from what is known as "the fear of falling into space"
- Reduces gastric reflux from which babies often suffer during their first year
- Prevents the baby from putting themselves into a batrachian posture which would be detrimental to their well-being and physical development
- Limits the risk of positional plagiocephaly - a cranium deformation also known as flat head syndrome, commonly caused when babies sleep on their backs on a traditional mattress
- Improves botht the quality and length of time the baby sleeps since they feel reassured in this posture
- Frees and directs the child's movements, helping them to acquire good hand-eye coordination
- Improves the interactivity between the child and those around them - A child who sleeps flat on their back either looks at the ceiling or to one side only, whereas lying in the Cocoonababy Nest they can look straight in front of them and make easy eye contact, and can turn their heads from side to side to follow movements
1 x Red Castle Cocoonababy Ergonomic Nest